Check out the top sports moments from the past week!
- FPC's volleyball team got off to a hot start to the 2019 regular season, with the Bulldogs winning their first four matches. The Bulldogs most recently defeated Seabreeze in four sets on Wednesday, Aug. 28. FPC's Faythe Taugher and Valerie Chum each recorded 8 kills. However, the Bulldogs lost their first match of the season on Aug. 29 to New Smyrna Beach.
- Former Flagler Palm Coast track and field star Jarius Cooper was recently named the sprints, hurdles and relays coach at Stanford University. Cooper helped lead FPC to the track and field state championship in 2007 before he competed for the University of Florida's track and field team.
- Matanzas' boys golf team came out on top in a three-way match on the afternoon of Thursday, Aug. 29, with the Pirates scoring the lowest team total over Palatka and Middleburg at Palatka Golf Course.
- FPC's varsity and junior varsity cheerleaders are holding a cheer clinic at FPC’s 800 gym from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Sept. 28. The cheer clinic is open to students of all skill levels, ages 5-17. The cost is $25 with pre-registration and $30 walk-in. Parents can register their child now at https://forms.gle/CoQFoKuHd1ceZL6c7.
- Former Bulldogs football player Jimmie Robinson opened Week 1 of the college football season with 5 catches for 37 yards in Bethune-Cookman's 36-17 victory over Jackson State on Sunday, Sept. 1.