Check out the top sports moments for the Nov. 14 edition of the Palm Coast Observer!
- The Pirates' cross country teams competed in the FHSAA State Cross Country Meet the morning of Saturday, Nov. 9, in Tallahassee. Matanzas' girls team finished 18th overall, with senior Kelly Steffens as its top finisher. She placed 83rd with a time of 20:41.50. In addition, Dalton Hawley was the lone member of the Pirates' boys team to compete in the meet. He placed 33rd with a time of 16:42.83.
- Matanzas defensive end and long snapper Rex Robich announced that he went on an official visit to the University of Georgia in Athens. "Unbelievable atmosphere between the hedges!" Robich wrote in a tweet.
- Matanzas' girls wrestling team held its first meet of the season on Wednesday, Nov. 6. The Pirates totaled 64 points to top St. Augustine (23 points) and Crescent City (14 points).
- Matanzas' Beatrice Dietz finished in 13th place at the Class 2A FHSAA State Golf Championship on Nov. 5-6 at Mission Inn. Dietz, a senior, shot 79 on both days to finish 11 back of the lead.
- Former Flagler Palm Coast Anisa Zwolinski recently competed in her first Olympic meet. Lifting for the University of Florida's Gator Weightlifting club, she had the highest snatch and clean-and-jerk of the event.