Check out some of the top sports moments for the Feb. 20 edition of the Palm Coast Observer!
- Flagler Palm Coast's boys wrestling team captured the Ocoee Mat Classic. The Bulldogs had five individual titles: Joseph Rizzo (113), John Hald (120), Blane DeFord (145), Timothy King (152), AJ Cinelli (285).
- After winning the district championship for the first time since the 2017-18 season, the FPC basketball team's season came to an end in the first round of the Class 7A-Region 1 tournament on Thursday, Feb. 13. Despite 26 points from senior guard Brianna Ellis, the Bulldogs lost to West Orange 62-52. The Bulldogs finished the season with an 18-7 record.
- Matanzas' boys soccer team was the only Flagler County boys soccer team to make it past districts. The Pirates, who lost in the district championship to Englewood, were defeated by No. 1 seed Ponte Vedra in the Class 5A-Region 1 quarterfinals on Wednesday, Feb. 12. The Pirates concluded the season with a 9-10-1 record.
- FPC's girls tennis team defeated rival Spruce Creek 7-0. Singles: Mauro (FPC) def. Nash (Creek), 8-1; Warren (FPC) def. Sanders (Creek), 8-1; Subachev (FPC) def. Adams (Creek), 8-2; Walls (FPC) def. Kelly (Creek), 8-0; Carlisi (FPC) def. Lightcap (Creek), 8-1. Doubles: Mauro-Warren (FPC) def. Nash-Sanders (Creek), 8-6; Subachev-Walls (FPC) def. Adams-Kelly (Creek), 8-2.
- FPC quarterback Preston Roberts announced that he recently received an invitation to the 2020 Elite Junior Day at Wake Forest University on April 4.