Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Oct. 17 edition of the Palm Coast Observer!
- Flagler Palm Coast's volleyball team fell short in the district tournament, losing to in straight sets the night of Monday, Oct. 14. However, the Bulldogs finished with a 14-7 overall record for their first winning season in more than a decade.
- Matanzas' girls golf team won the district championship the afternoon of Oct. 14 at Palatka Golf Club. The regional tournament begins Monday, Oct. 21.
- Matanzas' boys golf team won its district tournament the afternoon of Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Palatka Golf Club. It was the Pirates' first district title in school history.
- FPC's boys cross country team won the Varsity A race at the FSU Pre State Invitational on Oct. 11-12. Bulldogs team captain Alex Barneski led the team, breaking the 17-minute barrier for the first time and finishing in sixth place. The Bulldogs' girls team took fifth with sophomore Jada Williams placing second with a time of 20:15.30.
- Matanzas' girls cross country team won the Best Community Values' RUN MATANZAS XC INVITATIONAL on Oct. 12. Kelly Steffens placed second with a time of 19:49.89. The Pirates' boys team finished second with three runners placing in the top 10: Dalton Hawley (fifth), William Smith (sixth) and Payne Johnson (ninth).