Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Jan. 30 edition of the Palm Coast Observer!
- Flagler Palm Coast's girls weightlifting team won seven of the 10 weight classes in the District 4-2A championship on Thursday, Jan. 23, at FPC High School. The Bulldogs finished the meet 26 points ahead of the nine-team field. The Bulldogs' Lexi Buchanan completed a 285-pound bench press and a 220-pound clean-and-jerk in the unlimited weight class.
- The tennis court at Old Dixie Park will be out of commission until Friday, Jan. 31, as the surface is prepared and repainted with additional markings to accommodate two regulation pickleball courts, according to a news release. This brings the number of Flagler County pickleball courts up to 11.
- FPC's boys wrestling team defeated crosstown rival Matanzas the night of Wednesday, Jan. 22, at FPC High School. The Bulldogs defeated the Pirates 50-21 — despite spotting the Pirates the match's first 12 points.
- Matanzas boys lacrosse player Tim McGuire signed his national letter of intent to play college lacrosse for Westminster College.
- Bulldogs football player Devon Conkrite announced that he committed to play at the next level at Florida Tech.