Skip to main content
Check out some of the top sports moments for the Feb. 13 edition of the Palm Coast Observer!
- Flagler Palm Coast football's Devon Conkrite, who has starred the last few seasons as one of the Bulldogs' top offensive linemen, signed his national letter of intent to play college football for the Florida Institute of Technology. The Panthers are an NCAA Division II program that plays in the Sunshine State Conference. Florida Tech is located in Melbourne.
- Matanzas track/cross country's Dalton Hawley signed his national letter of intent to run for Brevard College. Located in Brevard, North Carolina, the Tornados are an NCAA Division III program an they are members of the USA South Athletic Conference.
- Matanzas girls basketball's season came to an end on Feb. 4 in the second round of the Class 5A District 4 tournament. The No. 3 seed Pirates, who defeated No. 6 seed Deltona 72-34 in the first round of the tournament, lost to No. 2 Ponte Vedra 54-18. The Pirates, who did not win a game during the 2018-19 season, went 14-11 in head coach Eric Guerrero's first season with the team.
- FPC's Dalton Rice recently signed his national letter of intent to player lacrosse at the Savannah College of Art and Design. The Bees are an NAIA team that competes in the Sun Conference.
- FPC's junior varsity boys basketball team picked up a win over crosstown rival Matanzas on Feb. 7. The Bulldogs beat the Pirates 62-42.