Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Feb. 6 edition of the Palm Coast Observer!
- Flagler Palm Coast's competitive cheerleading team finished in fourth place at the FHSAA state semifinals on Saturday, Feb. 1. The Bulldogs swept four qualifiers with first place titles and had the highest scoring routine on the floor.
- Despite a 3-0 loss to FPC to cap off the 2019-20 regular season, Matanzas' girls soccer team bounced back with a victory in the second round of the district playoffs. The No. 2-seeded Pirates had a bye in the first round and faced No. 3 seed St. Augustine on Monday, Feb. 3. The Pirates beat the Yellowjackets 4-1 to advance to the district final. They'll face No. 1 seed Ponte Vedra at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6.
- FPC and Matanzas' junior varsity wrestling teams competed in the Flagler Rotary tournament on Friday, Jan. 31, at FPC High School. Matanzas' Henson White was crowned the 2020 JV champion.
- The Bulldogs' boys soccer team faced Sandalwood in the first round of the district playoffs on Jan. 31. The Bulldogs, who previously had 5 wins on the season, won 2-1 to advance to Round 2.
- FPC's girls basketball team capped off the 2019-20 regular season with a 66-55 victory over Vanguard. The Bulldogs concluded the regular season with a 16-6 record.