Check out some of the top sports moments for the March 5 edition of the Palm Coast Observer!
- Former Flagler Palm Coast girls basketball star Tamara Henshaw, a basketball player for the University of South Florida, celebrated her senior night on Saturday, Feb. 29, with 8 points on 4-for-4 shooting. She also recorded five rebounds and three blocks. USF won the game 85-62 over Southern Methodist.
- Justin Pacifico, a former FPC track and field star, has had a stellar senior indoor season for the University of Florida's track and field team. With his second-place finish at the SEC Indoor Track and Field Championships, Pacifico is now a UF top-10 all-time 800-meter indoor performer.
- Matanzas' boys lacrosse team opened the 2020 season with a 10-3 victory over Mandarin. The Pirates scored two goals in the first period, two goals in the second period and three goals in both the third and fourth periods. The Pirates also topped Father Lopez 15-4 on Monday, March 2.
- In its first three games, FPC's boys lacrosse team celebrated two big wins. The Bulldogs dominated Winter Springs 13-1 in their season opener on Feb. 24, and the Bulldogs held on to beat Edgewood 10-8 on Thursday, Feb. 28. Against Winter Springs, the Bulldogs scored seven goals in the first period.
- Former FPC girls basketball player Ivana Boyd, who plays on the women's basketball team at Flagler College, played in her senior night game against Francis Marion on Saturday. She had two points, three rebounds and an assist.