Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Oct. 3 edition of the Palm Coast Observer!
- Flagler Palm Coast's boys and girls cross country teams each took third at the Coach Hope Memorial meet on Saturday, Sept. 28, in Fernandina Beach. Alex Barneski was the top finisher for the boys, finishing 11th with a time of 17:38.80. Ayanna Fulton placed eighth with a time of 21:36.80 for the girls team.
- Kelly Steffens was the top finisher for Matanzas' cross country team, which competed in the Craig Speziale Invitational on Sept. 28 in Ponte Vedra. Steffens, a senior, placed 12th with a time of 20:26.00, leading the girls to a seventh-place finish. The boys placed fifth as a team, with William Smith taking the top spot for the Pirates after placing 20th with a time of 17:26.00.
- Matanzas' volleyball team visited Gainesville to attend a Florida Gators volleyball match the night of Sunday, Sept. 29. The Pirates got to watch UF defeat Georgia 3-1 and met with the players after the match.
- Flagler Palm Coast's volleyball team won its 10th and 11th matches of the season, defeating Deltona and Sandalwood in straight sets on Wednesday, Sept. 25, and Thursday, Sept. 26, respectively. The Bulldogs had won three of their last four matches.
- Former FPC football star Nelson Paul helped Southern Methodist University, now ranked for the first time since 1986, in the Mustangs' 48-21 victory over South Florida on Sept. 28, at USF. Paul had two tackles and a sack against the Bulls.