The doll house was built in 1955 and stood on Moody Boulevard, Bunnell, for 66 years before the move on April 9.
by: Ed Siarkowicz
Flagler County Historical Society
In 1919, William Henry "Doc" Deen, a local farmer and turpentine producer, built a house at 805 Moody Blvd. in Bunnell.
For Christmas in 1955, a doll house was built for Doc's granddaughter, Delores, by her Aunt Margaret Jane Deen's stepfather, Perry Hunt, on the Hunt family farm in Orange Mills, Florida. It was brought in as a surprise on Christmas morning, and was an icon on Moody Boulevard for close to 66 years.
On April 9, 2021, the doll house was moved to the 1918 Holden House Museum.
The Flagler County Historical Society would like to thank the following for making the move possible:
- Cline Construction - Scott Sowers, Fred Stefancik, Michael Snyder
- Bunnell Police Department - Chief Tom Foster, Office Jake Sanders
- Flagler County Board of Commissioners
- The City of Bunnell
- The Deen Doll House Project Team - James Fiske (project lead), Preston Zepp, Tonya Gordon, Jan Reeger
- Delores Deen
- Bill Deen Jr.
- Sisco Deen
- The Flagler County Historical Society Board of Directors