Also in Business Observer: IHOP, Brass Tap, Real estate corner, new hires
Aldi will host a hiring event for its Palm Coast store from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, May 19, at the Holiday Inn Express, 200 Flagler Plaza Drive. Opportunities within ALDI include store associate ($12 per hour), shift manager ($16.50) and manager trainee positions ($24 per hour, averaging 40 hours per week). You must be 18 or over to apply; high school diploma or GED preferred. ALDI staff averaging more than 25 hours a week are eligible for full health insurance benefits and dental coverage.
Between the event that was held May 13 and the one on May 19, the company is planning to fill 20 positions.
New businesses in Palm Coast
- IHOP Restaurant applied for a $293,000 permit for site development at 212 Palm Coast Parkway NE.
- Brass Tap, a restaurant with alcohol, was given a certificate of occupancy at 250 Palm Coast Parkway, in Island Walk by Metro Diner.
- An occupancy permit issued by the city of Palm Coast to Frank Perniciano during the week of May 4-10 for Core Martial Arts and Fitness, at 99 Old Kings Road, Unit 4.
- JSV Performance Inc., auto repair, was issued a certificate of occupancy at 15 Hargrove Lane, Unit 6K.
Real estate corner
- Realty Executives Oceanside, owned and managed by Bruce Vinnick, will hold a ribbon cutting ceremony 4-6 p.m. June 14 for its new office, at 235 Palm Coast Parkway NE, Unit 200. (Editor's note: This sentence was corrected on May 23 to reflect the date of the ribbon cutting. It was originally reported as being June 16.)
- Donna Richmond, Mary Klemonsky and Chad Raymond have joined Realty Executives Oceanside which has just opened another location in Palm Coast in addition to the Flagler Beach location.
- Lindsay Dolamore, CEO/managing broker at Grand Living Realty, is pleased to welcome David I. Alfin and Tammy L. McIlvary to the Grand Living Realty team.
- Closed sales of single-family homes in Florida increased 5.1% in the first quarter of 2017, compared with last year’s first quarter. “A shortage of both new and existing homes for sale throughout much of the state continues to drive the Florida housing market narrative in 2017,” said Florida Realtors Chief Economist Dr. Brad O’Connor.
- Terry Hein was the recipient of the Haven Hospice Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award for the Flagler service area.
- On May 11, Florida Hospital Flagler recognized Svetlana Tesler, an ICU nurse, with the 2017 clinical excellence in nursing award.
- The Palm Coast office of Home Instead Senior Care won the Corporate Keystone Award for growth. Terri Mullis attended the convention in Omaha, Nebraska, and shares the award with Bebe Kelly.
- Dan Weese has been hired as residence director at The Windsor of Palm Coast. A reception will be held at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, May 18, at 50 Town Court.
Submit your business news to [email protected].