Also in the Observer: Longtime FHF employees stepping down; United Way receives hurricane relief supplies from New Jersey; FHF honors 'Humanitarians of the Year'; New hires and recognition; Commercial and occupancy permits issued.
Lindsay Dolamore, the CEO of Grand Living Realty, announced that the company is expanding its operations into Flagler Beach, according to a news release.
Grand Living Realty’s “island office” will be located in the Coquina Construction and Real Estate Office across from the Flagler Beach Pier.
Former county commissioner Barbara Revels and Matthew Wilson of Coquina Real Estate will be joining Grand Living Realty on Jan. 1, 2018.
Longtime FHF employees stepping down
JoAnne King and Robert Davis are stepping down from their respective positions at Florida Hospital Flagler, according to Lindsay Cashio, FHF’s assistant director of communications.
Cashio said King and Davis are resigning for personal reasons.
King was with Florida Hospital for nearly 10 years. She first served as the administrative director of Florida Hospital HospiceCare before she was promoted to vice president of ancillary serves at FHF and then to chief operating officer.
Davis had been with the hospital for 20 years. He most recently served as FHF’s chief nursing officer. During his tenure, Davis also served as executive director of nursing at the Florida Hospital Medical Center in Daytona Beach.
“Both Robert and JoAnne will be truly missed, as they were wonderful leaders for our Florida Hospital family,” Cashio said.
United Way receives hurricane relief supplies from New Jersey
Dennis Burns, the CEO of the United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties, announced his team facilitated the delivery of supplies for Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Irma relief, according to a news release.
The donations — which include walkers for the elderly, diapers, water, mattresses, children’s beds, pet food, toys, new clothing, toiletries, canned food, medical items and so on — were delivered by New Jersey resident Steve Humphrey, who drove the supplies down from the northeast in a large truck.
FHF honors 'Humanitarians of the Year'
The Florida Hospital Flagler Foundation recently honored the volunteers for FHF and the Florida Hospital HospiceCare as Humanitarians of the Year, according to a news release.
The recognition is awarded every year by the foundation to recognize individuals who made substantial contributions to the community.
FHF has more than 225 active volunteers assisting in 25 departments throughout the hospital.
FHF CEO Dr. Ron Jimenez thanked the volunteers during a banquet at the Halifax Golf and Country Club.
“The Humanitarian of the Year award recognizes those in our community who are making a difference,” FHF Foundation Chairman Tony Papandrea said in a release. “These two groups of volunteers make a true difference in the lives of our neighbors, family and friends.”
Vanacore Homes adds veteran sales agent
Anna Charla was added to the sales team at Vanacore Homes, according to a news release. Charla was first licensed in 1981 and became a real estate broker in 1986.
Watson Realty Corp. recognizes top associate
Richard DeCeglie of Watson Realty Corp. was recognized as the company’s top listing associate for the month of November, according to a news release. DeCeglie has been in the real estate business since 1986 and has serviced Flagler County since 1989.
Commercial permits issued
- There was a commercial permit issued for $366,000 for interior renovations of a Chipotle Mexican Grill, located at 5860 State Highway 100. The restaurant is 60% completed.
- There was a commercial permit issued for $34,000 for interior renovations of Big Frog T-Shirts, located at 250 Palm Coast Parkway NE, Unit 212.
Occupancy permits Issued
- Flagler Bike Repair: 119 B Flagler Plaza Drive
- Going Green Cleaning Services: 21 Utility Drive, Suite C
- LYK Consulting — Storage Facility: 14 Utility Drive
- Triple J Tax and Accounting: 389 Palm Coast Parkway SW 1
- AL Oliveira Auto Body: 11 Hargrove Grade, Unit G
- Alpha Medical Group — Wellness Center Counseling: 515 Palm Coast Parkway SW 5
- Ocean Jewelry Inc: 227 St Joe Plaza SW, Unit 227B
- East Coast Habilitation Group Home: 8 Fordham Lane
- Arin-Rada Alterations: 1 Farraday Lane 2E
- Adams Cameron & Co Real Estate: 20 Airport Road, Suite B2
- Amigos Supermarket: 3 Kings Way
- Kascel Therapy — Pediatric Occupational: 3 Cypress Branch Way, Unit 207D
- Sophisticated Hair Studio: 50 Leanni Way D5