Also in the Observer: FHF honors volunteers; Big Frog opens in Palm Coast; RE/MAX Awards; Special recognition.
Florida Hospital Flagler selected officers to lead the 2018-2019 medical executive committee, according to a news release.
General surgeon Dr. John Cascone is the new chief of staff, replacing past chief of staff and current emergency medicine physician Dr. Kristin McCabe, and emergency medicine physician Dr. Paul Mucciolo is the chief of staff elect.
Family medicine physician Dr. Tanam Ahmed is the chair of medicine, plastic surgeon Dr. Richard Cashio is the chair of surgery and radiation oncologist Dr. Luis Carrascosa is the treasurer.
Florida Hospital Flagler’s medical executive committee represents the medical staff and enforces the medical staff rules and policies. The committee also manages the process for proposing and evaluating the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, which are the legal documents that define the purpose, structure and authority of the Palm Coast hospital’s medical staff.
FHF honors volunteers
FHF hosted a volunteer appreciation luncheon in honor of National Volunteer Week on April 18 at the Halifax Plantation Golf Club in Ormond Beach, according to a news release. More than 120 volunteers were in attendance.
“Our volunteers are so important to our hospital,” Kathy Gover, the FHF chief nursing officer, said in a release. “They touch our patients and support our staff members in so many ways. We truly appreciate their time and talents.”
As a special gift of appreciation, SuperWash Express donated gift certificates for a free carwash to the hospital volunteers.
“We are inspired by all volunteers and what they give back to our communities,” SuperWash Express President Paul Bradley said. “This is a small thank you for all the time they give to others.”
Big Frog opens in Palm Coast
Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More opened a new location in Palm Coast on April 4, according to a news release.
Big Frog is a high-technology garment decorating franchise where customers have the freedom to design their own apparel. The new store, which will be owned and operated by husband-and-wife duo Mark and Subrena Khadoo, will be situated at 250 Palm Coast Parkway NE. Mark Khadoo has over 15 years of management and customer service experience in the retail industry. In addition, the Khadoos have started to establish relationships with nonprofit organizations and schools in the area.
Since opening its first location in 2009, Big Frog has grown exponentially. With more than 85 locations and 11 locations in different stages of development, the retailer plans to add 26 new franchise locations in 2018 through strategic franchise partnerships.
“We are beyond excited to bring another spark of creativity to the Palm Coast community with the opening of our first Big Frog,” Mark Khadoo said in a release. “Our main objective is to build lasting relationships through exceptional service, value and ingenuity.”
Since opening its first location in 2009, Big Frog has grown to 85 locations. The retailer plans to add 26 new franchise locations in 2018. As the $50 billion garment decorating industry continues to grow, Dr. Tina Bacon-DeFrece, president of Big Frog, believes that North America will soon be home to hundreds of Big Frog stores.
“With the right people and tools in place, our brand is focused on nationwide growth, and we are pleased to announce this latest expansion in Palm Coast,” Bacon-DeFrece said. “We look forward to a successful and long-lasting relationship with Mark and Subrena and hope to establish even more franchise relationships throughout Florida in the years to come.”
- Nancy Hutchison, of RE/MAX Flagstaff, received the RE/MAX Executive Club Award for 2017, according to a news release. The award, which was presented to less than 16% of all active agents, honors successful agents who have earned commissions at the first tier level in the past year. Hutchison has be with RE/MAX Flagstaff for two years.
- Annette Gardinal, of RE/MAX Flagstaff, qualified for the 2017 RE/MAX Platinum Club Award, according to a news release. The award, which was given to less than 7% of active agents, honors agents who have earned commissions at the third-tier level in the past year. Gardinal has been with RE/MAX Flagstaff for eight years and a real estate agent for 18 years.
- Tina Turner, of RE/MAX Flagstaff, received the RE/MAX Executive Club Award for 2017, according to a news release. The award, which was given to less than 16% of all active agents, honors agents who have earned commissions at the first-tier level in the past year. Turner has been with RE/MAX Flagstaff for four years.
- Jack Corbett, a specialist in residential real estate with Coldwell Banker Premier Properties, was named the top listing agent for April 2018.
- Jonita McCree, a specialist in residential real estate with Coldwell Banker Premier Properties, was named the top producing agent for April 2018.
- Ana Medeiros, a specialist in residential real estate with Coldwell Banker Premier Properties, was named the top sales agent for April 2018.