The 250,000-square-foot assembly facility is hiring.
Anthony Lupo, CEO of Discovery World Furniture, announced on WNZF’s “Free For All Friday” that he is building a 250,000-square-foot facility on U.S. 1 in south Flagler County.
Sanford-based Discovery World Furniture, formerly known only as Project Columbus, was awarded $680,000 in Flagler County tax incentives over 10 years. It builds children’s furniture and sells it to major retailers, including Amazon, Costco, Sam’s, and Badcock & More.
Helga van Eckert, the county’s executive director of economic development, was instrumental in helping to land the company.
“There’s no way it would have happened if it wasn’t for what Flagler County did for us,” Lupo said.
To apply for an assembly job, email [email protected].
Around town ...
- Nichole K. Brosch has joined Real Living Palm West Home Realty Inc. and will be working out of the Ormond Beach office located in the Halifax Plantation Shopping Center off Old Dixie Highway.
- St. Vincent De Paul, at 400 S. Daytona Ave., Flagler Beach, requested a final site plan approval for construction of a detached modular building.
- Michele J. Hilaire has joined Coldwell Banker Premier Properties.
- Reliable Automotive Solutions – 18 Hargrove Grade – Auto Repair
- Livin Paradise Realty LLC – 21 Old Kings Rd – Real Estate Office
Send business story ideas [email protected].