The meeting will be held at 6 p.m. at the Palm Coast City Hall.
A Palm Coast City Council business meeting will take place at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 2, 2022. The following items are on the agenda:
- The City Council will read a proclamation recognizing Aug. 7, 2022, as Purple Heart Day. The Purple Heart, originally known as the Badge of Military Merit, is the oldest military decoration in the United States still given. The Purple Heart was established by General George Washington at Newburgh, New York on Aug. 7, 1782, during the Revolutionary War, as an award for members of the Continental Army.
- The Community Development Department will present an ordinance for the rezoning application for Seminole Pointe. This is an application to amend the zoning map designation for 67.69 +/- acres of real property to reconfigure the existing High Intensity Commercial (COM-3) and Multifamily Residential (MFR-2) zoning districts on the property. The project is located at the intersection of U.S. 1 and Seminole Woods Boulevard. The Planning and Land Development Regulation Board voted 6-0 to recommend approval to City Council.
- The Community Development Department will present a resolution to approve amending resolution 2021-98 related to building and inspection fees. The Building Division operates as an enterprise fund, deriving all revenue from permit fees for services related solely to enforcing the Florida Building Code. Florida Statutes regulate the funds, which cannot be expended for any other purpose. In the current fiscal year, from Oct. 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022, the division has processed applications for 13,301 permits and collected associated revenue of over $2.64 million from this high volume. Evaluations by the Finance Department have determined an immediate 50% reduction is necessary. The reduction will extend into FY23 to reduce the fund balance below $2,000,000.
The following items will be presented as consent items for approval:
- Resolution approving a contract with Paul Culver Construction, Inc., a contract with DRMP, Inc., a work order with CPH Engineers, and a 10.11% project contingency for the Lehigh Trailhead Project.
- Resolution approving a master price agreement with Univar Solutions USA, Inc., for sodium hydroxide.
- Resolution approving a master price agreement with Allied Universal Corporation for sodium Hypochlorite.
Public comments will be opened at the beginning and end of the business meeting in accordance with Section 286.0114 Florida Statutes and pursuant to the City Council’s Meeting Policies and Procedures. Each speaker will approach the podium, provide his/her name and may speak for up to 3 minutes.
Meetings of the Palm Coast City Council typically occur three times per month: a 6 p.m. business meeting on the first Tuesday of the month, a 9 a.m. workshop meeting on the second Tuesday of the month, and a 9 a.m. business meeting on the third Tuesday of the month. All meetings take place in the Community Wing at City Hall, at 160 Lake Ave. in Palm Coast.
Business meetings and workshops are open to the public and are streamed live on the city’s YouTube channel. Meeting agendas for all public meetings are posted in advance of each meeting on the city’s website. All agendas can be viewed here.
If you wish to obtain more information regarding the City Council’s agenda, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 386-986-3713.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, persons needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at 386-986-3713, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.