The first commercial property on Matanzas Woods Parkway began construction this month.
Construction is underway for a new Dollar General at 1000 Matanzas Woods Parkway. The one-story, 10,640-square-foot store will occupy two acres at the southwest corner of Matanzas Woods Parkway and Old Belle Terre Parkway.
Palm Coast Chief Development Officer Jason DeLorenzo said this store will be the first real commercial space on Matanzas Woods Parkway, and that it will bring much-needed convenient shopping for that area of the city.
Residents living on Old Belle Terre Parkway, just across the street from the construction, seem to agree.
“Better for me,” said Uryl December, who uses a walker. “I welcome that. It’s a great relief for me.”
Shanae Davis echoed the sentiment, but worried about an increase in traffic.
“It’s just odd, because this is a busy street,” she said. She wondered if a better spot couldn’t be found. “Maybe if it was on the corner of Belle Terre, not Old Belle Terre.”
New Palm Coast commercial businesses
Orthonovis Inc – 1 Hargrove Grade – Retail Sales
First Step Healthcare LLC – 1 Farraday Lane – Medical Provider
Le Shared Services Inc – 31 Lupi Court – Adm. Support Service
New Palm Coast home-based businesses
- Zilcon Logistics & Transport LLC – Trucking Company
- Prism Finishes – Painting/Wallcovering
- Janice Payne CMT – Massage Therapist
- Tersus Home Improvement – Drywall Contractor
- CheapRXeyeglasses.com P.A. – Internet
- Christopher Cuccinello’s Lawn & Landscapes Mtnc – Landscape Service
Palm Coast permits
- Commercial Installation and Construction applied for a commercial permit worth $20,000 for interior alterations to the H&R Block at 50 Plaza Drive Unit 102.
- The Southeast Restoration received a commercial permit worth $196,696 to replace walkways, handrails and balconies in Canopy Walk’s Buildings 200, 300, 400 and 500.
- Scherer Construction of North Florida received a commercial permit worth $1,409,787 for site development of a four-building self-storage facility at 3895 Old Kings Road N.
- Monica Anderson received an occupancy permit for Anderson Family Daycare at 36 Rocking Horse Lane.
- Frank Stape with Olive Development submitted four development applications: townhouses at 23 Rainbow Lane, 24 Pine Hurst Lane and 47 Raintree Place, and a lot split at 15 Pine Haven.
- Flagler Animal Hospital is undergoing a 1,992-square-foot expansion of its facility at 130 Old Kings Road in Flagler Beach. The new addition will include more rooms for more animal patients.