Dig into these guilt-free, simple meals.
You can substitute the nut milk listed for dairy milk and substitute the dairy yogurt listed with dairy-free yogurt, etc. to best suit your body's needs.
For details and more recipes, visit @healthbyshortstack on Instagram.
Banana peanut butter pancakes
- Combine one mashed banana, 1/3 cup oats (ground up in a blender to make flour), one egg, 1 tbsp milled flax seeds (for extra protein and fiber), 1/4 cup unsweetened nut milk (I used cashew milk) and several shakes of cinnamon.
- Cook like you would any pancake, with spray coconut oil in a skillet. Fun fact: I use an ice cream scooper to pour out each little pancake.
- I topped this stack with organic creamy peanut butter (no salt), pecans, a few banana slices that I didn’t mash up of the original banana and shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Carrots: I used organic whole carrots, peeled, then sprayed with olive oil and seasoned with lemon pepper seasoning. Roast them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 mins, flipping halfway to get them crispy.
- Sautéed half of a red bell pepper in a pan with salt, pepper and spray olive oil til slightly charred.
- Zoodles: I used a vegetable spiralizer to create zucchini noodles, then sautéed them in a pan with spray olive oil, salt and pepper for about 6 minutes.
- Brown rice pasta: I used organic brown rice pasta made with quinoa flour and brown rice and followed the package instructions.
- You could add marinara sauce to this but I kept it simple with a slight drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top once plated.
- Carrots and sweet potato fries: Peeled and cut carrots and sweet potato fries, seasoned with Italian seasoning then roasted in the oven on foil and spray olive oil at 400 for 25 mins. Then the sweet potato fries for 2 mins on broil setting for an extra crisp.
- Sautéed zucchini in spray olive oil in pan for about 6 mins each side on medium-low with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Homemade turkey burger made from low fat ground turkey with extra virgin olive oil and Italian seasoning (mix these ingredients together in bowl then form your burgers), cooked in pan with spray olive oil until internal temp is 165 degrees. If you prep a whole pound of ground turkey into about 5 burgers in advance, then fridge and thaw them individually; it makes this step easier the day you want to eat it.
- A bed of chopped romaine lettuce
- For a dressing, I made a simple mix of coconut aminos (think of it as a soy-free soy sauce made from coconut sap, but I don’t think it tastes like coconut) and extra virgin olive oil (about 1 tsp of each) and a lime wedge.
Blueberry pie overnight oats
- In a jar or container, combine 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup nut milk (I used cashew milk), a few shakes of ginger powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds (extra fiber and protein) + half an individual container of a yogurt (I used Siggis berry açaí), 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional, but good for gut health, skin and nails) and a handful of blueberries that you first heat in the microwave for one minute then crush with a fork to give this bowl color (it’s ok to leave pieces of the berries).
- I topped it in the morning with fresh blueberries, bananas, raw almond butter, unsweetened coconut and almond slivers.
Cinnamon apple overnight oats
- In a jar or container, combine 1/2 cup oats, a few shakes of cinnamon, 1/2 cup nut milk (I used cashew milk), 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional, but good for gut health, skin and nails), half an individual container of yogurt (I used Siggis vanilla), 1 tbsp ground flax seeds, 1 tbsp chia seeds (extra fiber and protein). Stir well and store in fridge overnight.
- I topped the cold oats in the morning with a peeled and chopped apple that I sautéed in coconut oil and cinnamon in a pan, raw almond butter, a drizzle of honey and pecan pieces.
Caramelized banana overnight oats
- In a jar or container, combine 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup nut milk (I used cashew milk), several shakes of cinnamon, 1 tbsp ground flax seeds, 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional, but good for gut health, skin and nails).
- In the morning, I topped it with a splash more cashew milk after I microwaved the oats to warm them, a banana cut in half vertically that I sautéed in coconut oil, pecans, raw almond butter and hulled hemp seeds.
Peach perfect oats
- In a microwave safe bowl or in a pot, combine 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup unsweetened nut milk (I used almond milk), 1 tbsp ground flax seeds, a few shakes of cinnamon.
- I topped it with half of a juicy peach from the farmers market that I sautéed in coconut oil for a few minutes on low heat, plus pecans and a raw almond butter drizzle.
Mango smoothie bowl
- In a blender, I combined a handful of frozen mango chunks, about 1 cup (start with 1/2 cup then add more for the consistency you want) of unsweetened nut milk (I used cashew milk), a shake of ginger powder and an individual container of yogurt (I used dairy-free vanilla yogurt made from coconut milk).
- Pour into a bowl, then top with blueberries, chia seeds and slivered almonds.