Early-morning chimney fire displaces Wellstream Lane family
A chimney fire damaged a Palm Coast home and displaced a local family early the morning of Thursday, Dec. 14.
Palm Coast firefighters responded to a chimney fire at 68 Wellstream Lane about 1:30 a.m. and found fire in the attic and blowing out the roof by the chimney.
The five-member Amiri family (a couple and three children) was already safely outside with their cat.
Although fire crews were able to save large areas of the home and the majority of the family’s property, there was significant damage.
The residents were advised the home is not habitable. They were able to stay with neighbors initially and are now being assisted by the American Red Cross.
The crews that responded included Palm Coast Fire Engines 21, 22 and 23; Palm Coast Tower 24; Palm Coast Battalion Captain 20; Battalion Chief 21; and Flagler County Fire Rescue 21 and 22.