Skip to main content
Palm Coast Tuesday, Jun. 11, 2019 3 months ago

Domestic violence offender returns to victim’s home two hours after release, rearrested

He was initially arrested on June 9.
by: Guest Writer

Story courtesy of the Flagler County Sheriff's Office, by Public Affairs Manager Brittany Kershaw.


Nearly two hours after his release from jail, a domestic violence offender was re-arrested.

The Flagler County Sheriff’s Office received a call from Roy Carlisi, 43, who told dispatchers that there was an accident at his home and he needed an ambulance. Carlisi was uncooperative and repeatedly hung up the phone whenever the dispatcher asked questions and attempted to gain more information.

Deputies arrived at the home and attempted contact by knocking on the front door and by ringing the doorbell. Although voices could be heard from inside, no one answered the door. Deputies could see through a front window that Carlisi was standing over the victim, his wife, who was sitting on floor.

Carlisi made several statements to the victim before finally answering the door. Carlisi told deputies that everything was fine and that they would not be coming into his home. Deputies explained to Carlisi that due to the nature of the call and the current circumstances, they would be entering the home. Carlisi was uncooperative and attempted to close his front door. Deputies then forced entry into the home and Carlisi was detained.

When questioned, the victim told deputies that she and Carlisi were arguing in the kitchen when Carlisi grabbed her by the throat and threw her to the ground, repeatedly banging her head against the floor. Carlisi was then placed under arrest. While searching Carlisi, one full tooth and a piece of another tooth were found in his front pocket. When questioned, Carlisi explained that the teeth belonged to the
victim and that she had fallen in the kitchen.

The victim was taken to AdventHealth for treatment. Carlisi was taken to the Flagler County Jail and was charged with battery domestic violence, assault and resisting arrest without violence.

The following day, on June 10, Carlisi appeared before a judge and was issued a pre-trial release and outfitted with a domestic violence GPS ankle monitor. He was to stay at least 500 feet away from the victim’s home address.

Less than two hours later, Carlisi returned to the residence. Dispatch was immediately notified and deputies then found Carlisi at another residence in Palm Coast. When questioned, Carlisi told deputies that he did not know he could not be within 500 feet of the address and could not read the pre-trial release conditions given to him upon his release because he did not have his glasses. Carlisi was arrested for violating the conditions of his release.

“This is a great example of why the domestic violence ankle monitors are necessary and how they protect victims,” Sheriff Rick Staly said. “This guy was arrested, told exactly what the conditions of his release were, and still went back to the home anyway. Thanks to this technology, he is being held accountable. He is back in jail and the victim is not in danger.”

Related Stories