The Florida Department of Transportation inspected both bridges to the barrier island.
By: Flagler County Public Information Officer Julie Murphy, courtesy of the Flagler County government
The Flagler County Public Works Department by Thursday morning, Sept. 5, had assessed all 228 miles of roadway in unincorporated Flagler County and inspected its 35 bridges for structural integrity. Florida Department of Transportation inspected both bridges to the barrier island in an abundance of caution.
“We were very lucky,” said County Engineer Faith Alkhatib. “We had only three downed trees – Old Haw Creek, Old Kings Road North, and County Road 205 – and those have already been cleared.”
Waste Pro did not hold an extraordinary debris pickup in unincorporated Flagler County, but did pick up yard waste on Saturday, Sept. 7.
Garbage collection returned to normal service Thursday.
Garbage collection guidelines:
- Garbage is picked up twice a week, between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on scheduled collection days. Items for collection must be placed curbside in a neat and orderly manner. All garbage and small or loose items must be placed in garbage cans or tied in plastic garbage bags.
- Bulk pick up (furniture / large items) is normally scheduled on the second scheduled pick up day of the week. Construction and demolition material is not considered bulk and will not be picked up by Waste Pro. All residents will need to dispose of this type of material at their own expense.
- White goods such as refrigerators, washers, dryers, hot water heaters, etc., place at curbside and allow (3 - 5) days for pick up. Please call Waste Pro at 386-586-0800 to make arrangements.
- Yard Waste is picked up once a week on a non-garbage day. Yard waste does not need to be bound, tied or containerized in any manner; however, there is a limit to the amount of yard waste that can be placed at the curb each week.
- Any yard waste pile that is larger than 4 cubic yards (3' high, by 3' wide, by 12' long), or contains any material that is longer than five feet in length or 6 inches in diameter, will need to be picked by a separate truck. There are additional costs associated with pick-ups of this nature and these costs will be paid directly to Waste Pro by the resident.