The development will include a mix of residential and commercial uses.
The Palm Coast City Council voted unanimously at its regular Feb. 5 meeting to approve the annexation of approximately 92 acres of land straddling Colbert Lane near the former Sea Ray plant.
The land, which has been under Flagler County’s jurisdiction and is located 1.3 miles north of State Road 100 on the site of the former Lehigh Cement plant, is the site of a planned development called Lighthouse Harbor, by developer Jim Cullis.
More than 60% of the property’s boundaries are contiguous to the city’s boundary.
The development will include commercial and residential uses. The property has a navigable canal off of the Intracoastal, previously used by Sea Ray. Its entitlements include a 7.2-acre marina basin, 160,000 square feet of commercial/retail and 200 dry boat storage slips.
The old cement plant had opened in 1952 and closed in 1965. ITT then bought the land and it was parceled out, becoming part of Grand Haven, the Sea Ray boats property and Palm Coast Plantation.