Biz Buzz: Sheltering Tree raises more than $10K
The Sheltering Tree, Flagler County’s only cold weather shelter, held its second-annual fundraiser on Sunday, March 4, according to a news release.
The sold-out “Have a Heart for the Homeless” dinner and dance raised $10,984 in support of the shelter and its efforts on behalf of the homeless.
Falgout promoted to assistant city manager
Beau Falgout, the city of Palm Coast’s administrative services and economic development director, was promoted to assistant city manager, according to a news release.
The change will not add a position to the city’s administration. Falgout will continue to direct this original department, which includes the functions of the city clerk, communications and marketing, economic development and central services.
“Beau has demonstrated strong leadership and management skills, and I believe he will continue to be successful in his new role,” City Manager Jim Landon said in a release. “Our city and organization are growing, and this change establishes a clear chain of command that provides another layer of depth in the upper administration.”
Awards and recognition
- Jack Corbett, a specialist in residential real estate for Coldwell Banker Premier Properties, was named the top sales/performer agent from the month of February, according to a news release.
John Lidstrom, a specialist in residential real estate for Coldwell Banker Premier Properties, was named the top listing agent from the month of February, according to a news release.
Permits and construction
- An occupancy permit was issued to Sofia Nails LLC, 1490 Palm Coast Parkway NW, Unit 3.
- An occupancy permit was issued to North Florida Sports Medicine and Spine Center, 4877 Palm Coast Parkway NW, Unit 3-4
- A $200,000 certificate of occupancy was issued to Omega Lab, located at 57 Town Court, Unit 215.
- An $80,000 certificate of occupancy was issued to Weston Orange Nephrology, located at 57 Town Court, Unit 218.
- A $59,000 certificate of occupancy was issued to Painting with a Twist, located at 250 Palm Coast Parkway NE, Unit 207.
- Total permits issued: 363
- Construction value improvements from Oct. 1, 2017, to date: $128,937,832