Also in the Observer: New Palm Coast home-based business; Awards; New hires and promotions.
To support Florida Hospital Flagler’s fight against breast cancer, Palm Coast Ford will donate $50 to the hospital’s foundation for each car sold during the month of October, according to a news release.
Proceeds from the initiative will be used to help FHF provide education and screenings for breast cancer.
“We’re honored Palm Coast Ford chose to partner with us for Breast Cancer Awareness Month this year,” said John Subers, the FHF Foundation's director, in a news release. “When local businesses pitch in on the fight against breast cancer, we can make a big impact right here, in our community, for our neighbors.”
Palm Coast Ford general manager Don York is proud to be among several local businesses who have established similar initiatives in partnership with the hospital this month.
“I think everyone has had a loved one diagnosed with some kind of cancer and has experienced the trials it creates for both the patient and their families,” York said. “Any chance to team up to fight cancer is a worthy cause. We want our community to know we support them by giving back to promote both physical and spiritual healing.”
New Palm Coast home-based business
- Unc’s Ice Cream LLC — Ice Cream Truck
- Jesus Jimenez Home Repair — Handyman Service
- Harvey Johnson — Trucking Company
- Black Dog Contractors Inc — Handyman Service
- AA Granite Tile & More — Tile Installation
- Garcia’s Logistics — Trucking Company
- Uptown Dog NYC — Mobile Food Dispensing Vehicle
- The Screen Guy — Screen Repair
- Gems Cleaning Services — Janitorial Service
- Apex Intel Solutions LLC — Computer Service
- Donald Santiago — Landscape Service
- Turf Savers Landscape LLC — Landscape Service
- Conscious Convenience — Unclassified Personal Service
- Jim’s Appliance Repair — Appliance Service
- The Flagler Business Women association chose Laurinda Alves as its 2018 "Woman of the Year." Alves will be presented with the award at the organization’s dinner and award ceremony this month. The event will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Oct. 15 at the Hilton Garden Inn, located at 55 Town Center Blvd. in Palm Coast.
New hires and promotions
- Bruce Page, president and chief executive officer of Intracoastal Bank, announced the addition of Anand Jobalia to the Intracoastal Bank Board of Directors.
- Jill Leslie has been named the regional director for Catholic Charities St. Augustine Regional Office. She will oversee emergency and other services for people in Flagler, St. Johns and Putnam counties.