There were nearly 100 building inspections on May 16, and the county is averaging nearly 70 per day, Chief Building Official Mark Boice said in a release.
Construction in unincorporated Flagler County has been extremely active, according to a news release by the county.
There were nearly 100 building inspections on May 16. The county is averaging nearly 70 per day, Chief Building Official Mark Boice said in a release. Sixty is a busy day for four inspectors, and anything more than 15 per inspector is a full day.
Once a request for an inspection is requested, the county has up to 48 hours to conduct the inspection. But, they are typically completed within eight hours.
“Our staff is always ready to pitch in to help out the municipalities when they need it,” County Administrator Craig Coffey said. “The Building Department is prepared to meet the demands of the construction community while providing excellent customer service.”
The Building Department is one of the county’s enterprise funds, meaning none of its $1.9 million budget comes from property taxes. All of its revenue is generated through fees.
The level of development activity in the county is also impacting the workload for central permits, zoning and growth management, according to the release.
Johnson Orthodontics celebrates 20th anniversary
Johnson Orthodontics is celebrating its 20th anniversary this month, according to a news release. The office, located at 25 Pine Cone Drive, Suite 1 in Palm Coast, is hosting an open house from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on June 13 in conjunction with the Flagler County Chamber of Commerce.
Dr. Paul Johnson and his staff have donated nearly $1.5 million to local and international charities over the past 20 years.
Smithsonian selects Palm Coast Data as its fulfillment services provider
The Smithsonian Institution has selected Palm Coast Data LLC as its exclusive fulfillment services provider for its publication “Smithsonian and Air & Space/Smithsonian,” according to a news release.
“We welcome the opportunity to partner with Smithsonian to support their interactions with 2 million members and subscribers,” said Rory Burke, president and chief executive officer of Palm Coast Data, in a release. “Our industry proven multi-channel solutions, from traditional print to industry leading digital/e-commerce, will provide the foundation for Smithsonian to seamlessly deliver its unique perspective on the world to its readership.”
Take 5 Oil Change collecting donations for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
Take 5 Oil Change locations across the nation are collecting donations in support of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals until June 30, according to a news release.
“We hope that this year our customers are as enthusiastic about supporting such an incredible organization that dedicates an immense amount of time and resources to improving the lives and health of children,” said Gabe Mendoza, president of Take 5 Oil Change, in a release.
Vein Treatment Center on the move
Vein Treatment Center, which is celebrating its 15th year in Palm Coast, announced it is moving to a new location, at 80 Pinnacles Drive, Building B, Suite 700. It was the first business in the area to specialize in vein treatment.
Awards and recognition
- Flagler Beach’s Java Joint Beachside Grill received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, according to a news release. The achievement celebrates businesses that have earned great traveler reviews on TripAdvisor over the past year. Java Joint has received the award for the past four years.
- Jack Corbett, who is a specialist in residential real estate with Coldwell Banker Premier Properties, was named the top listing agent for May, according to a news release.
- Ana Medeiros, who is a specialist in residential real estate with Coldwell Banker Premier Properties, was named the top sales/producing agent for may, according to a news release.
- Florida Hospital Flagler registered nurse Crystal Haines was given the DAISY Award, according to a news release. The DAISY Award is an international program that “rewards and celebrates extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care provided by nurses.”
- Kirk Johanson is joining the award-winning Johanson Team at Watson Realty Corp., according to a news release.
- Local wealth management firm Keyes, Stange and Wooten Wealth Management LLC announced that Tara Bobelak has become an equity member of both firms, according to a news release.