Also in the Observer: Lohman Funeral Homes launches flag retirement program; Awards and special recognition.
After the Sea Ray boat plant in Flagler County closed, leaving nearly 400 people without jobs, the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office announced that it is hiring, according to a news release by the FCSO.
The Sheriff’s Office has many civilian positions in addition to sworn law enforcement and detention deputies.
Job openings are posted at: http://www.flaglersheriff.com/join-fcso/employment.
Current job openings include: sworn law enforcement deputies and sworn detention deputies. Civilian job openings include: finance manager, communications specialist (in the 911 center) and closed-circuit television operator (in the detention center). There are openings for school crossing guards for part-time work.
The Sheriff’s Office offers a benefits package that includes a state retirement plan, paid vacation, health insurance and so on.
Applicants must be at least 19 years old, have a high school diploma or GED equivalent, must be a U.S. citizen and must have a valid driver’s license.
An employment application can be downloaded electronically and submitted to [email protected] or brought to the Flagler County Courthouse at 1769 E. Moody Blvd. in Bunnell.
“It is life-changing to lose a job so suddenly, and it can be difficult to pick yourself up and try to move on,” Sheriff Rick Staly said in a release. “The Sheriff’s Office is always looking for good employees for a variety of sworn and civilian positions. Check us out and come join our team!”
Lohman Funeral Homes launches flag retirement program
Lohman Funeral Homes recently launched its “Stars & Stripes Flag Retirement Program,” according to a news release.
Community members who are looking for proper flag disposal can bring their flags to any one of the Volusia County or Flagler County locations listed below during normal business hours. Flags will be stored safely and disposed of in the proper, dignified manner as outlined by the U.S. Flag Code. Flag donors will have the opportunity to attend an official flag retirement ceremony to be conducted at a future date. The flag retirement ceremony is a special, unique presentation conducted by the Boy Scouts of America. For information, call 386-673-1100.
Lohman Funeral Homes has several local locations:
- Palm Coast: 220 SW Palm Coast Parkway, 386-449-1100
- Ormond Beach: 733 W. Granada Blvd., 386-673-1100
- Daytona Beach: 1423 Bellevue Ave., 386-267-1100
- DeLand: 935 E. New York Ave., 386-736-0021
- Deltona: 1681 Providence Blvd., 386-860-5900
- Port Orange: 1201 Dunlawton Ave., 386-761-1100
Awards and special recognition
- Edward Jones and the Alzheimer's Association have received an award for their strategic alliance formed just two years ago, according to a news release. The pair received a Gold Halo Award, the highest honor for corporate social initiatives and cause marketing, in the Best Health Initiative category at the Engage for Good Conference on May 24 in Chicago.
- Watson Realty Corp. recognized Bob Johanson, Barb Johanson and Kirk Johanson as the top listing team for the month of May, according to a news release.