(Click “Like” to become a fan of the Palm Coast Observer.)
UPDATE -- 8:12 p.m.
The 911 call:
UPDATE -- 5:47 p.m.
The correct spelling of the victims name is Zuheily Roman Rosado, according to the Sheriff's Office.
An autopsy was completed by the Medical Examiner this afternoon. Her death has been ruled a homicide by gunshot.
Investigators are still trying to determine if anything of value was stolen during the incident.
The incident occurred from start to finish in less than 30 seconds.
The video from the stores security system is of evidentiary value, but is not of a quality that would assist in the identification of the suspect.
The audio for the 911 call was released, and that'll be availbe in today's video news headlines.
UPDATE -- 12:06 p.m.
Flagler County Sheriff's Office Lt. Bob Weber confirmed Zuheily Roman Rosado, 32, of Palm Coast, was shot and killed Thursday night.
Weber said investigators are still waiting the results of the autopsy that scheduled for this morning.
UPDATE -- 8:40 a.m.
Detectives are still working leads as of 8:40 a.m. Friday, according to a source. The Investigative Services Division has left the scene and will regroup around 2 p.m.
The man who allegedly killed the clerk is not in custody, according to the source. An autopsy is scheduled for 9 a.m.
A female gas station clerk was killed Thursday night at the Mobil gas station at 6020 E. State Route 100, in Palm Coast.
The incident was reported to the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office at 10:21 p.m. by a customer who entered the store and discovered the female on the floor behind a counter. Patrol deputies along with K-9 units rushed to the scene arriving within approximately three minutes of the call being dispatched.
Once on scene, deputies set up a perimeter and began a search for the suspect. The store clerk has been identified as 32-year-old Zuheily Roman Rosado, of Palm Coast.
Authorities haven't released how Rosado was killed.
The suspect is seen on video entering the store. He is described as a light-skinned man, approximately 5 feet, 10 inches, wearing blue jeans and a dark T-shirt. The man is seen in the video pulling his shirt up over his face. The man is then seen fleeing the store moments later and heading west toward the northbound entrance ramp to I-95. Deputies searched the area with assistance from Volusia County Sheriff’s Office Air One but were unable to locate the suspect.
As of 2:26 a.m., detectives were still on scene, along with investigators from the State Attorneys Homicide Investigative Unit and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Crime Scene Unit, according to Lt. Bob Weber, public information officer for the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office.
The Medical Examiner’s Office was en-route to the scene, Weber said.
Detectives are working on obtaining video from the stores surveillance system. Video will be released once it becomes available.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 313-4911 or call Crime Stoppers of Northeast Florida, toll-free, at 888-277-TIPS. Tipsters who provide information to Crime Stoppers will remain anonymous and can qualify for a reward of up to $1,000.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Currently 8 Responses
- I was looking at news today online and read the news to see what is going on. I have a 16 yr old and that is a prime time that they need their mother, i cant believe this monster took a mother from her kids - what a terrible thing to happen.
I want to help the family. My daughter has so many clothes that she doesnt even wear. If anyone knows how to get in contact with this family please respond to
- Absolutely horrible! There is no safe place anymore!! They say the 911 call was placed at 10:20 pm, which means this didn't happen on the "graveyard shift," or anything.....a single mom of 5 I heard, just tragic. I feel so badly for this girl...her children...the rest of her family...
- As a commuter in the area . I find myself in and out of store all the time. This is just a travesty to happen to this young lady.. i pray this monster is caught and fried like a fat turkey for doing this..oh my god..she left behind a large family..I'm for helping in anyway to help her family...
- This women should not have been killed. Rest in paradise keilys mom<3
- Rest in paradise you are loved
- Murder in our own back yard??? May the good lord hold her safely in his hands, till her kids meet again.
- Rest in paradise beautiful. I will miss you very much. You were a super nice person. Prayers out to your kids. <3
- I know this women , no body she be killed like this .... I sit here in tears
7 Bazaar and Sale
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
7 Spring Rummage Sale
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
7 Flagler Beach First Friday
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
7 Matanzas High School Steel Drum Band
Happy 61st birthday to Flagler's favorite dolphin!
Also, students explore black history; a sorority recognizes, serves veterans; congrats to the 2014 Hispanic American Club of Palm Coast Board of Directors!; and the Rotary joins 'World’s Biggest Commercial.'
The Flagler County Art League is going coastal
The Flagler County Art League will present it’s Second Saturday opening reception for the “Go Coastal” fine art show 6-9 p.m. March 8, at their gallery and art center, at 160 Cypress Point Parkway.
Sons of the American Revolution honor detective
Also, Love is in the air; FPC alumna says ‘yes’