The city wants to expedite all hurricane-related permits. Many minor repairs will not need a permit at all.
As a result of the damage caused by Hurricane Irma, permit fees in the city of Palm Coast are waived through Nov. 30 for the following permit types:
- Replacement fences installed in the original location using the same material may be replaced without first obtaining a permit. However, a permit will need to be obtained within 60 days.
- For relocated or installation of a different material or height than originally approved, a permit will be required prior to installation.
- A permit is not required for limited repair and panel replacements, such as for like height and material.
- Shed replacement will require a permit prior to installation.
- Shed repairs will not require a permit. Sheds must remain in originally approved location.
- A permit will not be required.
A/C equipment change-outs
- A permit will be required prior to work.
Electrical repairs (mast, weather-head, panel, lights_
- A permit will be required.
- Re-roof will require a permit prior to work.
- Replacement of up to three bundles of shingles (100 square feet) will not require a permit.
- Docks will require a permit prior to work.
Screen enclosure (aluminum cage)
- Screen enclosure replacements will require a permit prior to work.
- Certified drawings are required unless the enclosure was built under the Florida Building Code 5th Edition (applied for after June 30, 2015).
- Screen repairs do not require a permit.
- Swimming pools must meet barrier requirement.
All contractors must be licensed, insured and registered with the city of Palm Coast Building Division.
The city wants to expedite all hurricane-related permits. Many minor repairs will not need a permit at all. For more information, call the Building Division at 386-986-3780.