The Palm Coast Observer is looking for a talented, enthusiastic full-time page designer. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of typography, photography and newspaper layout. Must be a self-starter who can work independently, but also enjoys being part of a young, energetic team and collaborating with reporters. The candidate should also have strong organizational skills, be able to work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure and be able to juggle multiple projects at once.
The designer will work out of our Palm Coast, Florida office.
Responsibilities include all elements of design for both the Palm Coast and Ormond Beach Observers. The designer will also produce several special sections each year.
• Design all components of weekly newspapers, including Page A1, features, opinion and sports pages, averaging 50+ pages per week.
• Adjust photos, including color corrections, resizing and touch-ups
• Assist editor in proofing and making corrections to pages
• Make/upload PDFs to the printer as needed; make sure daily deadlines for producing pages are met
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop
• Proficiency with Mac OS X operating systems
• Experience with informational graphics and Illustrator a plus.
• Ability to meet deadlines; must work well and maintain composure under pressure
The Observer offers excellent benefits including 401K, medical, dental and life insurance.
Please send resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eggs abound at Palm Coast Eggs'travaganza
Palm Coast held its annual Eggs’travaganza Egg Hunt at Town Center Saturday, April 18, featuring 18,000 eggs.
Raining on their parade: FPC, Matanzas go down
Matanzas girls lax fell, 14-8 to St. Augustine, while the FPC boys couldn't find an answer for a hot Pedro Menendez squad, losing 15-6. Both teams' seasons are now over.
COPS CORNER: Stop that man! He stole my drug money!
Also in Cops Corner: Pellet-gun-wielding miscreants shoot out car windows, and a thief who tries to make off with a purse ends up with a disappointment.
Family unveils headstone for slain mother of six
The Justice Coalition helped the children of Zuheily Rosado, who was killed in a shooting at a Mobil station last year, get a headstone for their mother.
20 LEGACY Easter Production
21 Earth Day Program
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
22 A Day at the Movies
10:00 am - 11:30 am
22 Flagler County NAACP Meeting